In Living with Heart Failure Module 3: Sodium/Fluid Restriction, Beverly Tuomala, BSN, RN, CHFN, Heart Failure Nurse explains why sodium and fluid restriction is so important to those suffering from heart failure. She will also answer the following questions and more.
- What is the recommended sodium it a good recomment causes heart failure?
- What is the correlation between the kidneys and heart failure?
- What foods are considered to be "low sodium" or "sodium safe" foods?
- What should you order when eating out on a sodium restricted diet?
- Why is education so important for someone on a sodium restricted diet?
Over 5.1 million people currently have heart failure. It is an extremely costly and difficult disease to manage. Once diagnosed someone with heart failure will require lifelong therapy such as medications, diet change and often lifestyle modifications.
Living with Heart Failure: